Today, hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, the so-called Lost City of the Incas. There are many well-preserved ruins along the way, variety of eco-systems and dazzling scenery. The Inca trail is one of the worlds most important trekking and camping routes and is possible to get there in 2 days/1 night or 4 days/3 nights and find the altitude between minimum 2600m - 8528ft; maximum 4200m - 13776f. Our classical 2 days group service trek is the most popular trek to Machu Picchu. With this trek service you can join one of our groups and find variety of like-minded people from all over the world. This service is perfect for couples and small groups of friends.
- Length:12Km / 7,45645 Miles
- Length per Day: Day01: 12 Km Day02: Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Min elevation :2000 Meters high /6561.679 Ft
- Max elevation :2750 Meters / 9022.309 Ft.
The short inca trail, or. 2 days inca trail is a fantastic short trekking trail to machu picchu. a fantastic trail which is a sort of sacred dream path. Walking by this short inca trail, from the other treks to machu picchu, in the 2 days inca trail, you can enjoy the pure nature of the machu picchu sanctuary park, the 2 days inca trail, is a challenge trek enables to people to taste a little bit the inca trail, to those hikers that they dont have much time to walk the longer inca trail, its advised to people who finds very hard altitude acclimatizing, because in this short inca trail the maximum elevation is 2.720 masl. Great hike for slow trekkers, for those who nature but not spend the night in tents, in the short version of inca trail we use a hostel or a hotel, so the short inca trail is fantastic because combines nature and contort. An impressive trail with fabulous landscape, valley, the fantastic urubamba or Willcamayu river, inca archaeological places along the trail, a great example of the inca culture knowledge, in architecture, and the respect to nature, many flowers including lots of variety if orchids, birds like in a nature theater will play fantastic harmonic music. To explain the trail, is just difficult, a lot to say, and a lot words, but still not enough sufficient, but maybe if I tell you that when you walk this 2 days inca trail what really amazes people is.
New information from the peruvian autorithies:
If you are wanting to include an ascent of Huayna Picchu in your visit to Machu Picchu beware that there are new regulations and permits have to be bought in advance. The cost to have a Machu Picchu entrance that includes the permits to climb Huayna Picchu is $75 extra and you need to indicate yes to this in your web reservation at the time of your booking. There is a limit of only 400 permits for climbing Huayna Picchu and only 200 people are permitted to enter for each of the 2 sessions scheduled for 7am and 10 am. The guide will organize the tour of Machu Picchu around peoples climb of Huayna Picchu depending on how many in the group have permits. Please note your entrance to Machu Picchu and permit for Huayna Picchu are with your name and passport details so are non transferable and non refundable.
Important: Concern about overuse leading to erosion has led the Peruvian government to place a limit on the number of people who may hike this trail per season, and to sharply limit the companies that can provide guides. As a result, advance booking is mandatory. A maximum of 500 people per day, including guides and porters, are permitted to begin the Trail every day. As a result, the high season books out very quickly. Note: that the Trail is closed every February for cleaning.
If you are a group of 2 - 3 or more people and there is still enough Permits Available in the Park (Cultural National Institute INC), then we can open a new departure date according to your required date as long as it is not alongside another group departure date. * If for any reason you miss out on a trek permit you can still visit Machu Picchu by train. See the many options into our web site such as : 1 Day or 2 Day trip to Machu Picchu / 2 Day Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu / 2 and 3 Day hike to Huchuy Qosqo with Machu Picchu so I suggest you get further information from each and let us know which one is great option for you !!
Important new trail regulation INC (Instituto Nacional De Cultura) Please note the INC has confirmed a 50% increase on the Inca trail fee for trekkers and porters but from August not January 2007 as previously indicated…(1) Limited number of people can enter the trail each day (500 People per day) and hikers require permits obtained in advance by a licensed tour operator to do so.(2) Your passport details and ISIC student card if applicable must be presented to the UGM park control to obtain a permit. You most scan / fax your valid ISIC card at the time of booking and carry these documents on the trail or risk losing your permit. YOUTH TRAVEL CARD or ISTC is not accepted by the control. (3) We have daily departures for the 4 day Inca trail (except in all February) and from May to October (high season) you need to confirm your booking at least 3 months in advance if you do not have flexibility in a departure date.( (4) For lower season dates November to April there are often many dates with permits available so just make your reservation through the website and confirm by email the deposit booking.
OVERVIEW OF TOUR
The path continues descend to cloud forest crossing a nice waterfall and then arrive to the impressive Wyñay Wayna ruin, where you will have completely guided tour. Next to Wyñay Wayna ruins are facilities to use toilets and buy drinking water and short rest on the urban area of terraces. We walk slow following the ancient Inca Trail and getting the best view of the Urubamba Canyon and passing the cloud forest up to the final pass named Inti Punku (Sun Gate). From here you will have unforgettable scenery of Machu Picchu ruin and Wayna Picchu Mountain. At 3/4pm we arrive to Machu Picchu gate, if you like we can wait out or inside the ruins for nice sunset over the ruins…This is an outstanding mini-trip for those wanting a taste of the Inca Trail, but either lack the interest or the time for the full 4-day Inca Trail. There is one day of hiking; second day is at Machu Picchu.
Limited number of people can enter the trail each day (500 People per day) and hikers require permits obtained in advance by a licensed tour operator to do so.
HIGHLIGHTS of TOUR
- Fantastic trip along the Sacred Valley until KM104 ( starting point of the Inca Trail )
- Inca ruins at Wiñayhuyna and Machu Picchu.
- Awesome views along the hike on the first day.
- Machu Picchu & HuaynaPicchu.
- Stay one night at the comfortable hotel in Aguas calientes.
- Hot springs in the town
What to bring / carry:
- Original passport to be showed in the park
- Original and valid International Student Card
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
- Original passport to be showed in the park control of the trail (Day 1).
- Original and valid International Student Card (ISIC), only if you booked the trek as student.
- Hiking boots (waterproof) for the rainy season.
- Long pants or slacks & Long-sleeved shirts to prevent you from the sunburn.
- T-shirts & Sweaters and a jacket (something warm for the night).
- Rain wear or poncho for the rainy season December - April
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Bottle of water, more bottle of water can be purchase at Winay Wayna or in Aguas Calientes
- Snack (dried fruits, chocolates, etc).
- Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitoes along the Inca Trail
- Hat and sun block to protect you from the sun.
- Personal toilette ítems.
- First Aid kit aspirin, tablets for stomach troubles, medicines to avoid altitude sickness).
- Day pack is good to bring to carry your camera, water, rain jacket.
- Swimsuit (On the last day there is possibilities to swim on the hot spring of Aguas Calientes – only if time permit).
- Optional:Trekking Poles with rubber covers (No Damage the Inca Trail) without rubber covers you CAN'T use them.
- Optional:Binoculars if you like to appreciate birds along the Inca route.
- Optional:GPS to map the campsites, the ruins and the Inca Trail to MACHU PICCHU
Important note: Due to the high demand and limit of entrances to the 2 Day Inca Trail, Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu montaña even to MACHU PICCHU, we strongly recommend you book in advance before sold out... (For 4 Day Inca Trail 500 available entrances) (For Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu montaña only 400 available entrances) Cost for entrance to Huayna Picchu & Machu Picchu Montaña US$ 75 each) Note: The tickets cannot be modified, exchanged or refunded once confirmed!!!In February: the 2 Days & 4 Days Inca Trail are closed for maintenance