In this way carrying out cultural Tourism, combined with adventure, this circuit is full with natural attraction that grants to visitors a sensation of adventure, huchuy qosqo trek, leads by gradual uphill section, and after couple hours the trail tends better, also downhill steps are found in this trek, a great small canyon waits, and a portrait tipe village called pukamarca is a in the way, near huchuy qosqo you will find inca building, also along this huchuy qosqo trek the imposing geography of the andes will last ever in your mind….THE HUCHUY QOSQO trek as some of our treks presents lagoons that will get all your attention. For those llama lovers, the huchu qosqo trek gives opportunity to see many llamas and alpacas in its usual habitat. Even though it appears to be in a populated area, you soon will discover the true wildness of the Andes. Notice as well that the huchuy qosqo trek is considered as an intermediate challenge trek. Join us and enjoy the huchuy qosqo trek with Inka Challenge Peru.
We take small groups, why?
The principal reason to take small groups, is to provide personalized service, in a small group is easy to keep walking together and enjoy the nature of the Inca trail, there is a possibility to make friend and share experiences, interacting more closely with each other. Whereas, in larger groups from (10 – 16) people it trend to split into factions. Moreover, in larger groups tends to be a sizeable difference often over onehour in a section of the trail between the fastest andslowest member, what makes more difficult for the guides, cooks and porters to make their effective labors. In small groups, people are more likely to arrive at roughly the same time to hear the guides explanations. Also our porters are given the same food as the tourists. In larger groups agencies often provide inferior food for the porters. Smallgroups require less space in campsites and this enables the guide to select better locations. In small groups the guide, cook and porters have a more intimate relationship with the tourists and are better able to meet individual needs and attend to environmental issues such as waste disposal, contamination, etc. as the group will be together more of the time. Because of these reason in our standard service we take small groups, only in a group of friends and delegations we manage larger group. So choose small group.
What are the benefits of doing a private tour?
One of the main reasons why the private option is sought after is because you do not need to worry about which dates we have departures set for or if our departures have enough space…Your only concern is whether or not there are permits available…You can choose almost any date that you want if permits are available… In addition to the convenience and flexibility in booking, the private option provides a more personal trip experience for your group. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel….The guide will focus all of his energy and attention on your group. You can also be more specific about the foods that you would like to be served during the trek. It is a truly wonderful experience to go on such an amazing journey with only your friends and loved ones. Ask at South Adventure Peru Tours how you can arrange your own private tour.
- Altitude : 3,650 – 4,300 / 11975 – 14107 ft
- Duration : 2Day/1Night
- Distance : 14 KM
- Level of Difficulty : Moderate easy
What to Bring/ Carry:
- Original and valid International Student Card (ISIC), to show at the entrance to Park
- Hiking boots (waterproof)in the dry season only sneakers
- Long pants or slacks & Warm sleeping bag Minus 20ºC
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Long-sleeved shirts to prevent you from the sunburn.
- T-shirts and Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or cold conditions.
- Warm clothes , layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Sweaters and a jacket (something warm for the night).
- Gloves or Mittens, scarf, Wool socks, Woolen hat for cold nights.
- Rain wear or poncho for the rainy season December - April
- Camera with extra batteries and flash light , head torch and extra batteries
- Bottle of water, more bottle of water can be purchase at Aguas Calientes town.
- Snack (dried fruits, chocolates, etc).
- Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitoes along the Trail
- Hat and sun block to protect you from the sun.
- Personal toilette items and personal medical kit.
- 2 Liter water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden along the hike.
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water.
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs in Lares and Aguas Calientes.
- Extra money for drinks and tips , souvenirs in Soles
- First Aid kit (Band-Aids,cotton,bandages,alcohol,aspirin,tablets for stomach troubles, medicines to avoid altitude sickness)
- Big bottle of Oxygen for the highest mountain
- Day pack is good to bring to carry your camera, water, rain jacket.