The huchuy qosqo trek is a fantastic trek, frequently used as training before of after the famous inca trail trek, and altitude acclimatizing trek, the huchuy qosqo trek, is a captivating trek with nice landscapes of valleys and mountains with fascinating background. The legacy of the Inca culture, through this magnificent archeological site called huchuy qosqo, which in quechua means Little Cusco. Huchuy qosqo trek is quiet fascinating trek, that enable tours around cusco, to go in huchuy qosqo trek, you only need 1 or 02 days, giving you many advantages, being trained for other larger hikes, enjoy nature, 01 night camping on the sacred valley mountain, the trek toward huchuy qosqo, is also excellent for people who loves nature, but cant stay out many days. in this way carrying out cultural Tourism, combined with adventure, this circuit is full with natural attraction that grants to visitors a sensation of adventure, huchuy qosqo trek, leads by gradual uphill section, and after couple hours the trail tends better, also downhill steps are found in this trek, a great small canyon waits, and a portrait tipe village called pukamarca is a in the way, near huchuy qosqo you will find inca building, also along this huchuy qosqo trek the imposing geography of the andes will last ever in your mind….THE HUCHUY QOSQO trek as some of our treks presents lagoons that will get all your attention. For those llama lovers, the huchu qosqo trek gives opportunity to see many llamas and alpacas in its usual habitat. Even though it appears to be in a populated area, you soon will discover the true wildness of the andes. Notice as well that the huchuy qosqo trek is considered as an intermediate challenge trek. Join us and enjoy the huchuy qosqo trek with Inka Challenge Peru.
We take small groups, Why?
The principal reason to take small groups in the inca trail to machu picchu, is to provide personalized service, in a small group is easy to keep walking together and enjoy the nature of the inca trail, there is a possibility to make friend and share experiences, interacting more closely with each other. Whereas, in larger groups from (10 – 16) people it trend to split into factions. Moreover, in larger groups tends to be a sizeable difference often over onehour in a section of the trail between the fastest andslowest member, what makes more difficult for the guides, cooks and porters to make their effective labors. In small groups, people are more likely to arrive at roughly the same time to hear the guides explanations. Also our porters are given the same food as the tourists. In larger groups agencies often provide inferior food for the porters. Smallgroups require less space in campsites and this enables the guide to select better locations. In small groups the guide, cook and porters have a more intimate relationship with the tourists and are better able to meet individual needs and attend to environmental issues such as waste disposal, contamination, etc. as the group will be together more of the time. Because of these reason in our standard service we take small groups, only in a group of friends and delegations we manage larger group. So choose small group.
What are the benefits of doing a private tour?
One of the main reasons why the private option is sought after is because you do not need to worry about which dates we have departures set for or if our departures have enough space…Your only concern is whether or not there are permits available…You can choose almost any date that you want if permits are available… In addition to the convenience and flexibility in booking, the private option provides a more personal trip experience for your group. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel….The guide will focus all of his energy and attention on your group. You can also be more specific about the foods that you would like to be served during the trek. It is a truly wonderful experience to go on such an amazing journey with only your friends and loved ones. Ask at South Adventure Peru Tours how you can arrange your own private tour.
Stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes town:
Stay an extra night at Aguas Calientes? Yes, if you want to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes after the trek this can easily be arranged. We will purchase your train ticket to return to Cusco the following day. You need to let us know at the time of making the trek reservation so we can reserve your train tickets in advance. Obviously if you stay an extra night then you will have to pay for your accommodation which is US$75 per person at HOTEL LA CABAÑA or Hotel Eco Machu Picchu Pueblo for $ 50 each.
Local Kids and Adults:
Along the way you will met many people, specially kids walking long distance to arrive at school and study 5 hours and they back home after maybe 30 minutes or 2 – 4 hours depending how far they live from the school. Normally they are son or daughter of poor farmers living on the mountains. We strongly recommend help us to give some present to them like pencils, notebook, dictionaries, toys, clothes (socks, gloves, hat, t-shirt, etc) and something to eat. We dont recommend giving them things like candies, chew gun, soda, camping knife or money. If you really like to make picture of them, especially of adults we strongly advise you to ask first. If you dont speak any word of Spanish language (español) coordinate with your guide to see if is possible to have picture of them. Local people dont permit take picture of them, because they believe you taking their spirit on your camera.
HIGHLIGHTS of TOUR
- Fantastic trip along highway until the starting point of the hike
- Tambomachay ( Archaeological site )
- Highest Pass and Ruins of Huchuy Qosqo
- Picnic lunch in a beautiful nature setting
- Landscape in the mountain
- Awesome views along the hike
- Variety of animals : Llamas/Alpacas
- Comfortable transport fo the round trip
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
- Original passport to be showed in the park control
- Original and valid International Student Card (ISIC), only if you booked the trek as student.
- Hiking boots (waterproof)in the dry season only sneakers
- Sleeping bag -15ºC (can be hired from our office for $15 USD for whole trip)
- Long pants or slacks / A Daypack for your personal
- Long-sleeved shirts to prevent you from the sunburn.
- T-shirts and thermal underwear can be worn
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry more changes of clothing if you hire personal horses)
- Warm clothes , layers for variable temperature
- Sweaters and a jacket / Rain wear or poncho for the rainy season December - March
- Camera with extra batteries and flash light and extra batteries
- Snack (dried fruits, chocolates, etc).
- Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitoes along the Trail
- Hat and sun block to protect you from the sun.
- Personal toilette items and personal medical kit.
- Bottle of water and purification tablets (Micropur are recommended and can be bought in local pharmacies in Cusco)
- Water purifying tablets optional
- Extra money for drinks and tips
- First Aid kit (Band-Aids,cotton,bandages,alcohol,aspirin,tablets for stomach troubles, medicines to avoid altitude sickness)
- Oxygen for the highest mountain
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek)
- Walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order to walk inside Machu Picchu).