This full – Day trek take you and a small- group to Humantay Lake, nestled along the famous Salkantay trek. Hike to one of Peru´s most magical lakes and the surrounded by the impressive Salkantay and Humantay peaks while gazing at unbelievable turquoise water enjoy a hot breakfast prior to getting to the trail head and a tasty buffet lunch prepared by a chef in one of the local restaurant. Our company mostly organize a private hike with very professional guides, very knowledgeable, with more than 10 years in tourism field. We have very comfortable transports with declinable seats, air – conditioned, roomy and in good maintenance, safe and very friendly drivers, we also provide a tank of oxygen for the high altitude so if you book with our company, you will be in a good hands and family touch.
We take small groups, why?
The principal reason to take small groups is to provide personalized service, in a small group is easy to keep walking together and enjoy the nature of the trail, there is a possibility to make friend and share experiences, interacting more closely with each other. Whereas, in larger groups from (10 – 16) people it trend to split into factions. Moreover, in larger groups tends to be a sizeable difference often over one hour in a section of the trail between the fastest and slowest member, what makes more difficult for the guides in a small groups,
people are more likely to arrive at roughly the same time to hear the guide’s explanations. In addition, our porters are given the same food as the tourists. In larger groups, agencies often provide inferior food for the porters. In small groups the guide, have a more intimate relationship with the tourists and are better able to meet individual needs and attend to environmental issues such as waste disposal,
contamination, etc. as the group will be together more of the time. Because of these reason in our standard service we take small groups, only in a group of friends and delegations we manage larger group. So choose small group.
What are the benefits of doing a private tour?
One of the main reasons why the private option is sought after is because you do not need to worry about which dates we have departures set for or if our departures have enough space. In addition to the convenience and flexibility in booking, the private option provides a more personal trip experience for your group. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel….The guide will focus all of his energy and attention on your group. You can also be more specific about the foods that you would like to be served during the trek. It is a truly wonderful experience to go on such an amazing journey with only your friends and loved ones. Ask at South Adventure Peru Tours how you can arrange your own private tour.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
• Original passport
• Hiking boots (waterproof) in the dry season only sneakers
• Long pants or slacks
• A Daypack for your personal stuff
• Long-sleeved shirts to prevent you from the sunburn.
• T-shirts and thermal underwear can be worn
• Warm clothes , layers for variable temperature
• Sweaters and a jacket
• Rain wear or poncho for the rainy season December - March
• Camera with extra batteries and flash light and extra batteries
• Snack (dried fruits, chocolates, etc).
• Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitoes along hike
• Hat and sun block to protect you from the sun.
• Personal toilette items and personal medical kit.
• 2 Liter water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden along the hike.
• Water purifying tablets optional
• Extra money for drinks and tips
• First Aid kit (Band-Aids,cotton,bandages,alcohol,aspirin,tablets for stomach troubles, medicines to avoid altitude sickness)
• Oxygen for the highest mountain
Things to know before you book:
• Recommendable be adapted to the altitude before the hike
• Not recommendable for persons with heart diseases
• Not recommendable for personas with physical diseases