Lares Valley trek + 2 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
Excerpt: We understand that you were not on time to book the 4 Day Inca Trail but we have the best choice which is Lares valley trek with the short 2 Day Inca Trail..
Lares Valley is particularly well known for its very high-quality, brightly colored weavings and characteristic upturned hats, many of the popular tourist markets being supplied from here. Although in this area always people not far away, they often don’t speak Spanish. Although in this area always people not far away, they often don’t speak Spanish…The 4 days Lares Llama Trek is a great alternative, ending at Machu Picchu.
The trek itself is rated moderate, similar to the Inca Trail. There are, however, one pass over 4000m so it is essential that you are well acclimatized to the altitude. If arriving from sea level then plan on spending at least 2 days in Cusco and the surroundings before undertaking the trek. This 4-day newly developed itinerary offers an outstanding combination of amazing mountain scenery in a remote area and visits to authentic Quechua communities such as Wacawasi, Willog, and Patacancha and reaches Aguas Calientes on the third day. The last day is devoted to the visit of the impressive Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.To have the best experience we combine interaction with the local people and use their Llamas to carry all the camping gear and our backpacks, how ancient Andean people did.
This trek takes us into the Lares region of the Peruvian Andes, passing green valleys, tranquil mountain lakes and high passes, with breathtaking views of snow-capped Andean peaks rising to just under 6,000 meters. Our route takes us through many small village communities that offer a rare & fascinating insight into traditional Andean life. Finally we make our way by train to Aguas Calientes and continue on to Machu-Picchu, the legendary Lost City of the Incas. We have plenty of time to explore this renowned and fascinating site, climb to Huayna Picchu, walk to Sun-Gate etc.
We take small groups, why?
The principal reason to take small groups in the inca trail to machu picchu, is to provide personalized service, in a small group is easy to keep walking together and enjoy the nature of the inca trail, there is a possibility to make friend and share experiences, interacting more closely with each other. Whereas, in larger groups from (10 – 16) people it trend to split into factions. Moreover, in larger groups tends to be a sizeable difference “often over onehour in a section of the trail” between the fastest andslowest member, what makes more difficult for the guides, cooks and porters to make their effective labors. In small groups, people are more likely to arrive at roughly the same time to hear the guide’s explanations. Also our porters are given the same food as the tourists. In larger groups agencies often provide inferior food for the porters. Smallgroups require less space in campsites and this enables the guide to select better locations. In small groups the guide, cook and porters have a more intimate relationship with the tourists and are better able to meet individual needs and attend to environmental issues such as waste disposal, contamination, etc. as the group will be together more of the time. Because of these reason in our standard service we take small groups, only in a group of friends and delegations we manage larger group. So choose small group.
What are the benefits of doing a private tour?
One of the main reasons why the private option is sought after is because you do not need to worry about which dates we have departures set for or if our departures have enough space…Your only concern is whether or not there are permits available…You can choose almost any date that you want if permits are available… In addition to the convenience and flexibility in booking, the private option provides a more personal trip experience for your group. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel….The guide will focus all of his energy and attention on your group. You can also be more specific about the foods that you would like to be served during the trek. It is a truly wonderful experience to go on such an amazing journey with only your friends and loved ones. Ask at South Adventure Peru Tours how you can arrange your own private tour.
Day01: Cusco, Chinchero , Pumahuanca ( Starting point of hike ) L&D
At 5:00 am, you will be picked up by your English speaking guide. You will visit first colorful village of Chinchero, where we will find the ruins of the Tupac Inca Yupanqui Royal House, we will appreciate its well preserve Inca wall in the main square and you will visit the beauty Colonial Temple with invaluable portraitsEarly in the morning ( 5:00am ) we will pass to pick you up from your Hotel to take our, built over Inca Bases and then we continue with the trip till Urubamba (2,700 m.a.s.l) where you will have a break to buy some bottle of wáter , snack, coca leaves , rain poncho etc etc and you can also use the toilets. At the appropriate time, we will continue with our transport service till Pumahuanca which is the beginning of the hike where also meet our horses and helpers horseman who will organize to carry all the equipment and food on the Andean horses. We will start our hike through the valley in the Andes passing an impressive landscape where will meet our horses and helpers man who carry all the equipment and food on the Andean horses. We will start our hike through the valley in the Andes passing an impressive land scape and with a gentle climb up from 2,795 mt to 3,610 ma.s.l from where will enjoy a beautiful surround mountains. After 5 hours and half. We will visit the most amazing complex of Inka Kancha where while you be guided, our cook will prepare our delicious first lunch. Plenty of time for nap or siesta and then we will continue with our hike and on the way, we will see some andean eagles , native trees such as Qeuñas, Eucaliptus and finally we will arrive to the colorful community of Paccha offering us an amazing and spectacular landscape and we can also see some llamas, alpacas, and sheeps. After 2 and half of hike, we will pass a little waterfall and then stay in our first campsite of Cuyoc located above 3,995 m.a.s.l
Day02: Cuyoc, Pumahuanca Pass, Hot Spring of Lares Valley (2nd Campsite ) B-L&D
Early in the morning, our guide will wake you up to provide you a glass of coca tea to avoid the altitude sickness and to be with strong energy to continue with the hiking. You will enjoy an amazing buffet breakfast acompanied with some pancakes, hot chocolate or coffee, a lot of fruit salad with some yogurt. Around 6:30 to 7:00 am, we will start with this incredible and amazing hiking with impressive scenic views of Chicon mountain and snowcapped mountain of Veronica covered by native forest , ttoday will take us round 5 hour of climb with some high rock steps till Pumahuanca pass located above 4,590 m.a.s.l where our guide will show you his respect to the Apus and get a permit from the mountains to continue with the wonderful hiking without any inconvenience however, once we arrive to the mountain ,we will be able to enjoy one of the most impressive views to Maras Moray and Salt Mines. After a determinate time, we will descend till an Little lake where we will take a small break for lunch and, after enjoyed an delicios buffet lunch, we will walk down for around 3 and half hours to reach the termal baths of Lares Valley, along the way, we will be able to visit some local houses in CUNCANI community located above 3,740 with their traditional dresses and customs, we will observe a lot of llamas, alpacas, sheeps.. Finally, we will enjoy this natural therapy of the hot springs. The hot springs of Lares are located at 3,250 above sea level, and are a tourist attraction in the area, temperatures range between 36 º and 44 º C, the outcrops of medicinal mineral water have the following chemical composition: Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, sulphates, bicarbonates, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Boron, Copper and dissolved solids, have a yellowish tinge, here we find the presence of stalactites and stalagmites at the entrance to the baths. There are 4 pools the first has a temperature of 41 º C, is supplied from the main waterhole combined with cold groundwater with surface temperature of 17 ° C. This pool has a dimension of 5 meters long and 3.50 meters wide and 1.50 meters deep. The second pool has a temperature of 35 ° C, its size is 6 meters long and 4 meters wide and 1.5 meters deep. The third pool has a temperature of 38 ° C, its size is 15 meters long and 8 meters wide and 1.5 meters deep.
Day03: Lares Valley , Calca , Ollantaytambo , 2 Day INCA TRAIL , Km 104 , Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu ( B-L&D )
Today, we will have to wake up at 3:00 a.m for the breakfast at 3:30am and be picked up at 4:00am by our comfortable transport straight to Ollantaytambo which takes around 3 hours. We will aboard our train Inka Rail or Expedition for for a journey of just over one hour till kilometer 104 (starting point of our trek). As soon as we arrive to this point , we will cross a bridge to the check point and show your passports and student cards ( If is applicable ) then we will start a soft walk into the other side of the Vilcanota River the trail heads off to the right towards the ruins of Chachabamba. After a visit this impressive Inca ruins with buildings on stone, we`ll continue the trail road most of it on stone steps, heads south and begin climbing the mountain, great views around of the high jungle area and mountains, before entering the cloud forest. Then the trail leaves the forest and goes west while continuing the uphill hike in open grassland. After hiking in the sun for about three hours, the trail descends into a shaded forest. This is where trekkers can enjoy a beautiful waterfall. After leaving the waterfall and forest, trekkers will arrive at the lower part of the incredible ruins of Wiñay Huayna, steps to climb to reach the superior edifications described as temples. We will have plenty of time for a guided exploration sorted by our experienced guide and time to explore and pictures in our own. By the time we arrive to this complex it won’t be crowded, because most trekkers headed to the Sun gate and Machu Picchu. It is recommended that you start the trek with at least 2 liters of water. After lunch in Wiñay Huayna ruins we continue through a cloud forest full of bromeliads, orchids and fern trees. You will walk the last part of the original trail with amazing features stone steps and tambos, resting places, and climb the 60 steps before arriving to the Inti Punku or “Sun`s Gate”. From this point you will be able to contemplate and observe this marvelous place, last 45 minutes to be on front of this wonder, where you can feel an inner peace. Spend a short time for pictures and views then we prepare our mind for the next early morning, time to take a bus for 30 minutes to Aguas Calientes town. Hot springs pools are optional or just free time to chill out at this small village. Spend the night at the Hotel La Cabaña or similar one.
Day04: Private Guided tour to the WONDER of the world “Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu” , Cusco (B)
This day, is one of the most important and interesting days during your whole trip, you will be picked up from your Hotel very early (BEFORE the BIRDS SING) our guide will meet you at your hotel between 4:30 to 5:00am to aboard the first touristic and shared bus to drop off you at the main door where you have to show your original PASSPORTS and ISIC Cards ( If applicable ) at the check point , and then try to be the first visitors inside of the wonder of the world Machu Picchu and the archaeological sites you will have complete guided tour during 2 to 3 hours of this spectacular mystical place. The GUIDED tour basically includes walk through the different sections such as: The Urban sector, the agriculture sector, and the religions zone was used by the Inca Culture. After the guided tour in Machu Picchu, you will have free time to explore by yourself, walk at your own space, a lot of selfies and to meet other tourists into the sanctuary. According with the time and to your physical conditions, you can coordinate with the tour guide to climb to HUAYNA PICCHU or Machu Picchu Mountain from where you can have the best panoramic view for photos of all Machu Picchu and of deep green canyon surrounding the sacred Inca Citadel. Do not forget that this entrances, must be booked in advance and pay US$ 65 extra. Afternoon and depending on your train schedule back to Cusco, you will have to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes to catch the train back to Cusco. After the guided tour, our guide will give you all the instructions for your bus down and train back to Cusco. Upon your arrival to Poroy station, you will be meeting again by our staff and then transfer back to your Hotel (Own arrangement)
What to Bring:
• Original passport to be showed in the park control of Machu Picchu (Day 4).
• Original and valid International Student Card (ISIC), only if you booked the trek as student.
• Hiking boots (waterproof)in the dry season only sneakers
• Long pants or slacks & Warm sleeping bag Minus 20ºC
• A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
• Long-sleeved shirts to prevent you from the sunburn.
• T-shirts and Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or cold conditions.
• Warm clothes , layers for variable temperature especially at night
• Sweaters and a jacket (something warm for the night).
• Gloves or Mittens, scarf, Wool socks, Woolen hat for cold nights.
• Rain wear or poncho for the rainy season December – April
• Camera with extra batteries and flash light , head torch and extra batteries
• Bottle of water, more bottle of water can be purchase at Aguas Calientes town.
• Snack (dried fruits, chocolates, etc).
• Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitoes along the Trail
• Hat and sun block to protect you from the sun.
• Personal toilette items and personal medical kit.
• 2 Liter water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden along the hike.
• Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water.
• Bathing clothes for the hot springs in Lares and Aguas Calientes.
• Extra money for drinks and tips , souvenirs in Soles
• First Aid kit (Band-Aids,cotton,bandages,alcohol,aspirin,tablets for stomach troubles, medicines to avoid altitude sickness)
• Big bottle of Oxygen for the highest mountain
• Day pack is good to bring to carry your camera, water, rain jacket.
• Swimsuit (On the last day there is possibilities to swim on the hot spring of Aguas Calientes – only if time permit).
Start Time: 5 am
Duration: 4 days
2 to 4 people USD695 per person
5 to 6 USD650 per person
7+ persons USD595 per person
$20.00 – Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña
$95.00 – Upgrade to Vistadome ( Luxury train ) for round trip Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Cusco
$22.50 – Guided tour to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña
$90.00 – Extra Horse for personal items – 9K
$180.00 – Extra Horse for personal items – 18K
$30.00 – Sleeping Bag – Lares Trek
Our Short trip Includes:
• Briefing night before of your hike into our office by our English speaking guide
• Assistance by English speaking staff from the beginning till your return.
• Private transport Cusco – starting point – Lares – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
• Buffet meals ( Optional: vegetarian food as free )
• English speaking guide ( Other languages, upon the request of our customers )
• Round train tickets Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Cusco by Inka Rail OR Peru Rail
• Entrances to the 2 Day Inca Trail and must be booked in advance
• Entrance to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu
• Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas calientes
• Private guided tour in Machu Picchu during 3 hours
• Personalized service in a private transport ( Full equipped )
• Horses to carry food and camping equipment only along the way.
• Experienced cook and Cooking equipment
• Teatime everyday (coffee, tea, popcorn, biscuit)
• 2 nights of camping along the Lares Trek
• 01 Night at the comfortable hotel in Aguas calientes
• 4 capacity tent – 2 persons per tent with plenty space
• Sleeping mattress and totally clean
• Water supply (boiled) after every dinner or breakfast time
• Dining tent with camp tables and chairs.
• Kitchen tent & Porters insurance
• Free first Aid kit and oxygen if is necessary for altitude sickness
• Peruvian taxes or IGV 18%
Does not include:
Our Short trip do NOT Includes:
• International and domestic airfares , local flights can be purchase upon customers request
• Entrance fee to the thermal baths in Lares and Aguas Calientes which is 10 soles or $3
• Meals on Day 2 such as lunch and dinner
• Sleeping bag ( $ 30 for rent minus 15 degrees Celsius /(-15ºC) )
• Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña US$20
• Upgrade to Vistadome ( Luxury train ) US$ 95 for round trip Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Cusco
• Alcoholic drinks and airport taxes
• Additional nights of accommodation but can be arranged according to your request
• Travel insurance if something happens during your trip
• Tip for the guide, cooks, and porters. It´s a tradition
• Guided tour to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña ( Additional cost $ 45 x 2 people )
• Extra horse for your personal items ( 9 Kilos $90 / 18 Kilos $180 )